veneer is a thin porcelain shell that is bonded (permanently glued) to the front surface of your tooth. Veneers may be used to completely conceal imperfections such as chips, cracks, discoloration, crookedness and gaps. Veneers can transform a smile in just two office visits and if maintained properly, can provide a smile makeover that can last for many years.
The steps to place porcelain veneers:
- Dr. Gor administers local anesthetic and after it has taken effect, he will remove a small amount of enamel from the teeth where needed. This makes room to accommodate the width of the veneer and prevents your restored teeth from being thick and unnatural.
- Next, He makes a mold or impression of the prepared teeth. This is sent to a dental laboratory where they can make a replica model of your teeth to custom make your veneers.
- Dr. Gor, with your help, will determine a shade that will be best for you.
- Temporary veneers are placed and worn until the permanent veneers are ready.
- Dr. Gor administers local anesthetic and after it has taken effect, he will remove the temporary veneers.
- After cleaning the teeth, the veneers are bonded to place and buffed to a shine.
- If needed, further adjustments may be done at a subsequent appointment.