A crown can:
- Restore a tooth when there isn’t enough healthy tooth remaining to provide support for a filling
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Cover a badly shaped or discolored tooth
- Attach a bridge to replace the missing teeth
- Cover a dental implant
Crowns are made from several types of materials. Metal alloys, ceramics, porcelains, or combinations of these materials.
Dr. Gor considers several factors when deciding what type of crown is most suitable for you.
- If the crown is visible when you smile or talk
- Whether or not you clench your teeth
- Whether or not you have signs of severe tooth wear
- The color or shade of the tooth
- The function of the tooth
With advancements in today’s ceramics and porcelains, most of the time crowns look and appear like natural teeth. Dr. Gor will take every effort in making sure that your crown will be esthetically pleasing to you.